Bookings are made and accepted only on the following conditions:
(1) The Contract of Letting is between the guest ("the Guest") and John and Kathryn Miller ("the Owner").
(2) This agreement is made on the basis that the property ("the Property") is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
(3) Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
(4) A deposit of 1/3rd of the cost of the holiday ("Deposit") must accompany the booking request. The Deposit is non-refundable unless the Owner is unable to accept the booking and as specified below.
(5) No bookings are valid until confirmed by The Owner.
(6) Once a booking is confirmed by The Owner, the Guest is responsible for the balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 42 days before the booking is due to commence.
(7) The Owner reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the non-refundable Deposit will be refunded. However if the Owner is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday, and (if applicable) the Deposit.
(8) In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (e.g. through fire or illness etc), the Owner will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment.
(9) In the event of cancellations not covered by insurance, the Owner will endeavour to re-let the accommodation, and if successful the balance of the cost will not be due as in paragraph 6 above, or if already paid, will be refunded. The Deposit will be retained.
(10) A Guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £10.00 if a revised confirmation is required.
(11) The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the Owner the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy.
(12) The Holidaymakers right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:-
(a) More people than specified on the Booking Form and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation. Overnight guests are entertained without the Owners' express permission. Any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise or disturbance.
(b) In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter should be taken up with the Owner at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended when the Holidaymakers have denied the Owner the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
(c) The Owner shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy if it is necessary to remedy a reported problem.
(d) We have compiled the information on our website as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Owner's control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
(e) The Holidaymaker must accept that minor differences between text / photograph / illustrations on the website and the actual property may arise. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
(13) The use of accommodation and amenities is entirely at the guests' own risk. The Owner can accept no responsibility for injury to any guests, or loss or damage to guests' belongings.
(14) The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.
(15) These website Conditions supersedes all previous editions.